Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I wanna go back!

We set off this summer for a vacation in the woods with my Dad, step mom, my brother, step brother and his two sons. We rented a cabin in Trough Creek park, a beautiful state park near Raystown Lake. They call it God's Country and boy is it ever true. Just the most beautiful surroundings for the week, I loved every day. We kept the kids really busy; boating, swimming, biking, hiking, eating, cooking on the fire, playing outside. It was a great week, sitting by the fire at night was the perfect way to end each evening, that has to be one of my favorite things to do!

little cabin in the woods


jelly face


swimming in the lake, we couldn't believe how warm it was


down by the fire for s'mores, mountain pies and popcorn



we spent monday out on the lake for the day, it was awesome! we rode around, rode the tube, swam in the lake, fished and just loved taking in the beautiful scenery


a perfect and memorable week, the kids did so great, I am sure they are naturals! it was so wonderful to share something that we love so much with our children and to watch them enjoying it as well. camping was such an important part of my childhood and I can't wait for many, many more family camping trips like this one!

1 comment:

amy said...

I am so jealous! This sounds like the PERFECT vacation!